- A decorative cardboard box, slightly larger at the top and with broad flaps, in which chocolates are sold.More example sentences
- The company employs two artists to handpaint with individual design each of the wooden ballotins in which the chocolates are boxed.
- They kindly obliged, and brought them back in a golden little ballotin, those thin cardboard boxes that are used to pack chocolates and other sweet delicacies.
- Allow us to choose a delicious assortment or personalise your ballotins with chocolates of your own selection.
French, from ballot 'a small package of goods'.
More definitions of ballotinDefinition of ballotin in:
- The British & World English dictionary