Definition of baloney in English:
1Foolish or deceptive talk; nonsense: typical salesman’s baloney
[Corruption of bologna]
More example sentences
- No nonsense, no baloney, not a lot of fanfare, and it's proceeding very quickly.
- This thing about them not going well is a load of baloney.
- Just when it looked like the magic of the cup was being exposed as a load of old baloney, the substitute required only three minutes to underline his faith in it.
2North American variant of bologna.
- Mortodella (from which we get our boloney) comes from Bologna.
- And provided you don't come foisting your legumes on me, I won't slap you with my baloney.
- Well, folks, it's nowhere near as hard as trying to unwrap a baloney and cheese sandwich or open a bag of Fritos.
Words that rhyme with baloneyabalone, Albinoni, Annigoni, Antonioni, Bodoni, boloney, bony, calzone, cannelloni, canzone, cicerone, coney, conversazione, coronae, crony, Gaborone, Giorgione, macaroni, Manzoni, Marconi, mascarpone, minestrone, Moroni, Mulroney, padrone, panettoni, pepperoni, phoney, polony, pony, rigatoni, Shoshone, Sloaney, stony, Toni, tony, zabaglione
Definition of baloney in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.