Definition of bandpass in English:
(Of a filter) transmitting only a set range of frequencies: a 1-40 Hz bandpass filter
More example sentences
- The multiplex type filter contains at least two disparate bandpass filters for separate reception or transmission frequency bands.
- You can also change volume and reverb levels on each track, adjust resonance and center frequency of a simple bandpass filter, and change pitch and tempo globally.
- The excitation source, a xenon arc lamp, provides a white light beam that is sent through a bandpass filter and reflected into a microscope objective through a dichroic filter.
nounBack to top
The range of frequencies transmitted through a bandpass.
- Pyrene-labeled lipids were excited at 344 nm, and monomer and excimer emission intensities were detected at 398 and 480 nm, respectively, with bandpasses of 4.0 nm.
- One of these sensors is a UV sensor array, consisting of six photodiodes selectively monitoring different bandpasses between 200 and 400 nm.
- Samples were excited at 270 nm (16-nm bandpasses for excitation and emission).
Definition of bandpass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan