(also band shell)
nounchiefly North American
- A bandstand in the form of a large concave shell with special acoustic properties.More example sentences
- One other ‘star’ of the evening was the new bandshell covering the stage of the Hollywood Bowl.
- A band was performing Motown songs in a bandshell and hundreds of people were camped out on their folding chairs and beach towels in front of the stage.
- The show is at an outdoor bandshell located outside of town in a park with a fake farm; it looks like a toy blown up to life-size.
More definitions of bandshellDefinition of bandshell in:
- The British & World English dictionary