Definition of banksia in English:
An evergreen Australian shrub that typically has narrow, leathery leaves and spikes of bottlebrushlike flowers.
- Genus Banksia, family Proteaceae
- The pavilions will house plants from temperate regions of the southern hemisphere such as passion flowers, camellias, banksias, tea trees and wattles.
- Her last design, a tall stand, displayed large palm leaves and monstera leaves, with banksias, five red exotic lilies, stralitzias and bronze anthuriums.
- The Bangalow palm, the waratah, the fire-wheel flower, the banksia and the Sturt desert pea are all captured in this way.
Definition of banksia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia