- A newspaper headline running across a whole page, especially one on the front page.More example sentences
- Right, it may be not be Normandy, but when you take a look at the front pages of the various newspapers today, the banner headlines are running day after day, bigger and bigger.
- Yet, there have been front page banner headlines in just about every daily newspaper in the country almost every day since the court decision was handed down.
- Indeed there's little sign of the war on terror here apart from lurid pictures and banner headlines on the front pages of newspapers.
More definitions of banner headlineDefinition of banner headline in:
- The British & World English dictionary