Definition of bareboat in English:
Relating to or denoting a boat or ship hired without a crew: bareboat charters
More example sentences
- A fair number of crewed charter boats, both power and sail, are based in the marinas, but no bareboat firms were to be found when I visited a few months ago.
- Bruce Baker, of Richmond, VA, is a veteran bareboat sailboat charterer.
- But a better way to get the ‘feel’ of Europe is to do it yourself on a bareboat charter.
- Example sentences
- But the big charter firms are based on Raiatea - so if you're bareboating, Tahiti itself will probably not even be in your cruising itinerary.
- ‘Even though we're bareboating, we hire a mate to do the cooking,’ he reports.
- There is nothing more enjoyable and exhilarating than bareboating on a charter yacht.
Definition of bareboat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan