informal , chiefly North American
Definition of barf in English:
- 08: 16 a.m. - Andy apologetically dives under the bed and finishes barfing.
- To balance this there are sickly terrifying moments aplenty: projectile infected-blood barfing, a crazed dog darting out of the woods to attack, a rotting friend locked away in a tool shed.
- The place is all set up for a smashing party - $90 and you'll be barfing all the way back to the idle buffet with your very own bottle of Chivas Regal.
nounBack to top
- 08: 15 a.m. - Rana returns to bedroom to find kitty barf all over the bed.
- Besides cleaning up barf, breaking up fights and propping up staggering patrons, owners and waiters can get sued if overly-lubricated lushes kill or injure someone on their drive home.
- I've cleaned up a lot of cat barf in my time, and normally it's not so bad.
1960s: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with barfbehalf, calf, chaff, coif, giraffe, Graf, graph, half, laugh, scarf, scrum half, staff, strafe, wing half
Definition of barf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan