informal , chiefly North American
Definition of barf in English:
- 08: 16 a.m. - Andy apologetically dives under the bed and finishes barfing.
- To balance this there are sickly terrifying moments aplenty: projectile infected-blood barfing, a crazed dog darting out of the woods to attack, a rotting friend locked away in a tool shed.
- The place is all set up for a smashing party - $90 and you'll be barfing all the way back to the idle buffet with your very own bottle of Chivas Regal.
nounBack to top
- 08: 15 a.m. - Rana returns to bedroom to find kitty barf all over the bed.
- Besides cleaning up barf, breaking up fights and propping up staggering patrons, owners and waiters can get sued if overly-lubricated lushes kill or injure someone on their drive home.
- I've cleaned up a lot of cat barf in my time, and normally it's not so bad.
1960s: of unknown origin.
Definition of barf in:
- British & World English dictionary