- A part of a store where goods are sold cheaply, typically because they are old or imperfect: [as modifier]: bargain-basement prices • figurative a mixture of styles from pop culture’s bargain basementMore example sentences
- The property was seized, sold at a bargain-basement price to a government minister, and then quickly resold for a substantial profit.
- Nestled between a chip shop and a bargain basement store on North Street are Magic Mon.
- Lasser's Wall Street capitalism is at once the upper gallery of material prosperity and also the bargain basement for selling one's soul.
More definitions of bargain basementDefinition of bargain basement in:
- The British & World English dictionary