- A mineral consisting of barium sulfate, typically occurring as colorless prismatic crystals or thin white flakes.More example sentences
- Veins of white barite occupy fractures in thin seams of coal.
- Also, white barite crystals stained red by hematite can be found in the walls of the old pit, and cryptomelane as matted fibers often occurs with manganite crystals in quartz veins.
- Golden barite crystals are well known from the locality.
More definitions of bariteDefinition of barite in:
- The British & World English dictionary