Definition of barium in English:
- New processing methods are outlined from which potassium, sodium, barium, strontium and cadmium were discovered.
- The resulting elements (such as, strontium, zirconium, barium, lanthanum, and lead) then decay into still heavier elements.
- Many of these cavities contain good crystals of potassium, strontium, barium, rare earths, titanium, and niobium minerals.
- An example of this is in specialty guidelines for colon cancer screening, where radiologists recommend barium enemas while gastroenterologists recommend colonoscopy.
- Useful modalities for investigating a suspected case include small bowel barium meal, barium enema, ultrasonography, computed tomographic scan and colonoscopy.
- There is also insufficient evidence to recommend for or against routine screening with digital rectal examination, barium enema, or colonoscopy.
Barium compounds are used in water purification, the glass industry, and pigments, and as an ingredient of signal flares and fireworks, giving a bright yellowish-green color. Barium oxide is a component of high-temperature superconductors
Words that rhyme with bariumaquarium, armamentarium, caldarium, cinerarium, columbarium, dolphinarium, frigidarium, herbarium, honorarium, planetarium, rosarium, sanitarium, solarium, sudarium, tepidarium, terrarium, vivarium
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.