- A strong English ale.More example sentences
- Extra strong ales and lagers, bock beer, Adam bier, and barley wine are the brandy, cognac, and port equivalents of the beer world, capable of Armagnac status on the tongue.
- We always have a pilsner, pale ale, stout, a red or amber ale, a barley wine or strong ale, a seasonal beer and usually at least three IPAs.
- Though a pate, rich and gamy in flavor, may require the creamy weight and tartness of a barley wine or bock beer.
More definitions of barley wineDefinition of barley wine in:
- The British & World English dictionary