- variant spelling of bark3.More example sentences
- The latest vessel to confirm its involvement is the 295-feet long Eagle, a three-masted sailing barque with 21,350 square feet of sail and five miles of rigging.
- The difference between a barque and a ship is the way the aftmost mast is rigged.
- The sea reflected our good fortune in hues of glassy green, turquoise and cobalt blue and into this unearthly vision we quietly launched our sailing barque.
Middle English: from Old French, probably from Provençal barca, from late Latin barca 'ship's boat'.
More definitions of barqueDefinition of barque in:
- The British & World English dictionary