(also barranco /-kō/)
noun (plural barrancas also barrancos)chiefly US
- A narrow, winding river gorge.More example sentences
- The oldest subaerial volcanic materials crop out at the bottom of the main valleys (barrancos Valle Gran Rey, Erque, Benchijigua and La Villa).
- He leaned a little further and dropped from the wide stone ledge, floating over the rugged barranca, following the scent of a woman.
- The lava flow sequences exposed along the main barrancos do not display any gaps in the volcanic activity.
late 17th century: from Spanish.
More definitions of barrancaDefinition of barranca in:
- The British & World English dictionary