nounchiefly North American
- A room where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.More example sentences
- A map showing the way to the Ark of the Covenant was burned into the palm of his hand when Washington grasped a medallion from the counter of a burning barroom.
- Most of the sailors were loafing in the barroom or lounge, playing a measured game of cards or writing letters.
- They were the same four that he'd encountered in the barroom of the First Chance saloon.
More definitions of barroomDefinition of barroom in:
- The British & World English dictionary