Definition of baryta in English:
- Chemical formula: Ba(OH)2
- I was first drawn to the Vandyke process when I became dissatisfied with the lack of variety and character of the baryta base of conventional gelatin-silver photographic papers.
- This gas is absorbed by barium hydroxide solution, an alkaline solution known as baryta water.
- Our real photo baryta inkjet paper is created through a desire to replicate as closely as possible the essence, quality and archival properties of traditional photography within an inkjet product.
Early 19th century: from baryte, on the pattern of words such as soda.
Definition of baryta in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.