Definition of baseball in English:
1A ball game played between two teams of nine on a field with a diamond-shaped circuit of four bases. It is played chiefly in the US, Canada, Latin America, and East Asia.
- Yes, very pleased for Johnny Damon and all them - they're my favourite team in baseball now.
- There were dire predictions of the demise of baseball as a major sport if a strike or lockout took place.
- This innovation led to the transformation of the Cardinals from one of the worst teams in baseball to one of the best.
1.1The hard ball used in the game of baseball.
- More than that, he loved throwing baseballs so hard that they popped into the glove and turned hands red.
- He probably hit baseballs harder and further than anybody who played the game, especially from both sides of the plate.
- We sold baseballs and made baseballs, and I was the batboy.
Words that rhyme with baseballpatball • hardball • netball
Definition of baseball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.