- One hundredth of one percent, used chiefly in expressing differences of interest rates.More example sentences
- A basis point is one hundredth of a percentage point.
- The prospect of a 75 basis point interest rate cut had investors breathing easier by late last week, but it was another tough week overall, especially for tech investors.
- Adding these factors, you might expect us to show modest declines in our net interest margin of about a basis point a quarter this year.
More definitions of basis pointDefinition of basis point in:
- The British & World English dictionary