- 1A tendency to stain readily with a basic dye.More example sentences
- The hematoxylin-eosin-stained sections demonstrated spherical organisms of varying size with central basophilia located within the necrotic granuloma (Figure, A).
- Hematoxylin-eosin-stained sections showed circular rings of light basophilia in many fibers.
- Staining with basophilic dyes such as toluidine blue (or methylene blue) is known as basophilia.
- 2A condition of the blood marked by the formation and accumulation of an excess of basophil cells.More example sentences
- Complete blood count at diagnosis revealed a total leukocyte count of 50 000 / L, with 94% neutrophils and without a middle bulge or basophilia, which is consistent with a leukemoid reaction.
- Causes of basophilia, some of uncertain origin, are listed in Table 3.
- One patient showed a typical blood picture for CML transformation, with leukocytosis, neutrophilic left shift with increased blasts, and basophilia.