- A large, two-headed drum that has a low booming sound.More example sentences
- As a part of the drum kit, the bass drum has shrunk over the years with changes in the sound desired and in its auxiliary functions, and with the introduction of synthetic materials for the drum-head.
- ‘Maybe we'll have some congas and bongos, marimba and vibraphones, a bass drum, cow bells - perhaps a Chinese gong,’ she said, thoughtfully.
- There was another set of timpani, another bass drum, side drums, castanets, two xylophones, and, if I recall correctly, tubular bells as well.
More definitions of bass drumDefinition of bass drum in:
- The British & World English dictionary