Definition of basslet in English:
A small, brightly colored fish related to the sea basses.
- Genera Gramma and Lipogramma, family Grammidae: several species
- Amid the coral and sponge branches you will find hamlets, basslets, parrotfish and moray eels.
- Fish life is excellent, especially among smaller reef species - damsels, basslets and clownfish, tiny basslets and anthias in particular.
- Of the very many different species of anthias and basslets, the lyre-tail anthias are probably the ones you notice most.
Definition of basslet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.