Definition of basslet in English:
A small, brightly colored fish related to the sea basses.
- Genera Gramma and Lipogramma, family Grammidae: several species
- Amid the coral and sponge branches you will find hamlets, basslets, parrotfish and moray eels.
- Fish life is excellent, especially among smaller reef species - damsels, basslets and clownfish, tiny basslets and anthias in particular.
- Of the very many different species of anthias and basslets, the lyre-tail anthias are probably the ones you notice most.
Definition of basslet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan