noun (plural bassos or bassi /ˈbäsē/)
- A bass voice or vocal part.More example sentences
- While accompanying a visiting Hungarian basso, I turned a page and the next page was missing!
- Both sets obviously highlight Bulgarian basso's hat trick of singing three roles.
- The traditional Puerto Rican group is a trio, made up of a qauttro (an eight-stringed native Puerto Rican instrument similar to a mandolin); a guitarra, or guitar; and a basso, or bass.
early 18th century: Italian, 'low', from Latin bassus 'short, low'.
More definitions of bassoDefinition of basso in:
- The British & World English dictionary