- A yellow to brown mineral consisting of a fluoride and carbonate of cerium and other rare earth metals.More example sentences
- A sample from Andakatany labeled ‘bastnaesite,’ turned out to be bastnasite- (Ce).
- Bastnasite, which is sometimes spelled as bastnaesite, is one of a few rare earth carbonate minerals.
- A much larger, nonradioactive deposit of bastnaesite was found on adjoining land.
late 19th century: from Bastnäs, the name of a district in Västmanland, Sweden, + -ite1.
More definitions of bastnaesiteDefinition of bastnaesite in:
- The British & World English dictionary