Definition of bathhouse in English:
1A building with baths for communal use.
- As a result, communal bathhouses, pools and spas are a house specialty.
- She and the ladies were all taking a proper bath in the indoor bathhouse.
- There's the gym, the bathhouse, the police precinct, the batting cages.
2A building where swimmers change clothes.
- Not long after Thoreau's death, the structures on the shores of Walden Pond included bathhouse and baseball diamond, dining and dance halls, boating facilities and concession stands.
- The pool and bathhouse, an intelligent plan that allows pedestrian access across the pool, is in unfortunate disrepair, with a damaged wood trellis and concrete steps, among other areas.
- Everyone takes pride in Edna's new skill as she returns to the bathhouse to change into dry clothes.
Definition of bathhouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.