- (Of fish and other organisms) inhabiting the deep sea where the environment is dark and cold, approximately 3,300-9,800 feet (1,000-3,000 m) below the surface.More example sentences
- Multicuspidate radular teeth are most prominent in nude incirrate octopods of the bathypelagic Bolitaenidae.
- The eggs are bathypelagic, which means that they are free floating, but at depth.
- The upper reaches of the deep ocean contain many bathypelagic fishes with a capacious, gas-filled swimbladder.
More definitions of bathypelagicDefinition of bathypelagic in:
- The British & World English dictionary