- The action of beating or crossing the feet or calves together during a leap or jump.More example sentences
- Mr. Muruev displayed some prowess in his batterie and big leaps.
- The speedy batterie; the sharp, fast releves and jumps on pointe that punctuate the ballerina's solos, and the quick transitions between steps, are not simply technically impeccable.
- Over this base they start to develop the other things: the artistic sense of the movement, the technique - jumps, batterie, many things.
early 18th century: French, literally 'beating'.
More definitions of batterieDefinition of batterie in:
- The British & World English dictionary