- (plural battles royal) A fiercely contested fight or dispute: there promises to be a battle royal between the two companiesMore example sentences
- The wisdom of those remarks is demonstrated by the revelation that these parties have spent £50,000 on this litigation so far and they still have a battle royal to fight over damages for misrepresentation.
- And so, given the budget deficits ahead, the battle royal will be fought over what remains of federal social spending.
- Del Toro brings a solid visual eye to the project, but his fight scenes are overlong and too close to a WWF battle royal than superhuman opponents squaring off.
More definitions of battle royalDefinition of battle royal in:
- The British & World English dictionary