- A large warship of a type built in the early 20th century, carrying similar armament to a battleship but faster and more lightly armored.More example sentences
- Only three of the battlecruiser's ship's company of 1,421 survived.
- Following the scuttling of the battlecruiser Australia, as part of the Washington Naval Treaty, and due to the age of the other cruisers, a small re-armament program was instituted.
- The other submarines changed course in all directions to avoid each other and the battlecruisers and destroyers which followed close behind.
More definitions of battlecruiserDefinition of battlecruiser in:
- The British & World English dictionary