Definition of battler in English:
1A person who battles or fights.
- But the credence of his claims was reinforced by the fact that the Brockton-born battler was smaller in stature than most he fought.
- ‘She's a battler and a fighter and she never gives in,’ said her son, Geoffrey.
- They're a bunch of battlers and defending is a priority.
1.1A person who refuses to admit defeat in the face of difficulty: a battler taking swings at opponents and rallying friends
More example sentences
- But so what - we have been able to cause upsets in the past few years with the same battlers we have now and the same coach.
- I've always said that if you need to raise money then you go where the battlers live - they always dig deep,’ he said.
- At first it was a bunch of the usual suspects - passionate battlers with plenty of experience, as was shown in the ‘warm up’ round where everyone appeared to know what they were doing.
Definition of battler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan