- 1A person who battles or fights.More example sentences
- But the credence of his claims was reinforced by the fact that the Brockton-born battler was smaller in stature than most he fought.
- ‘She's a battler and a fighter and she never gives in,’ said her son, Geoffrey.
- They're a bunch of battlers and defending is a priority.
- 1.1A person who refuses to admit defeat in the face of difficulty: a battler taking swings at opponents and rallying friendsMore example sentences
- But so what - we have been able to cause upsets in the past few years with the same battlers we have now and the same coach.
- I've always said that if you need to raise money then you go where the battlers live - they always dig deep,’ he said.
- At first it was a bunch of the usual suspects - passionate battlers with plenty of experience, as was shown in the ‘warm up’ round where everyone appeared to know what they were doing.
More definitions of battlerDefinition of battler in:
- The British & World English dictionary