(also bavaroise /-ˈwäz/)
- A dessert containing gelatin and whipped cream, served cold.More example sentences
- For the vanilla bavarois, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk and vanilla bean scrapings to a boil.
- Desserts included vanilla and praline bavarois with caramelised hazelnuts and mascarpone ice-cream as well as white chocolate and caramelised banana crepe with orange butterscotch sauce.
- So crêpes and bavaroises will probably not initiate any thoughts of emigration, but Belgians do have one great flag waver in this category: Callebaut chocolate.
mid 19th century: French, literally 'Bavarian'.
More definitions of bavaroisDefinition of bavarois in:
- The British & World English dictionary