- An aromatic liquid, used especially for the hair or as an aftershave, typically distilled from rum and the leaves of the bayberry.More example sentences
- For instance, as a way of warding off grey hair, our anonymous beautician suggests a tonic of 1oz of castor oil, tincture of jaborandi (an American shrub) and 3oz of bay rum, applied every other night.
- The cornstarch absorbs perspiration, the baking soda neutralizes stank, and the clove oil and bay rum oil smell good.
- The woman carries a red flannel bandage and a bottle of bay rum, which was used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes.
More definitions of bay rumDefinition of bay rum in:
- The British & World English dictionary