1Please everyone, typically by regularly altering one’s behavior or opinions in order to conform to those of others.
- Of course, just as SAC cannot be all things to all people, the cultural strategy will not please everyone or meet all needs.
- Simply put, like the Toronto event, it is expected to be all things to all people.
- It was a superb attempt to be all things to all men that culminated in a result that made everyone happy.
1.1Be able to be interpreted or used differently by different people to their own satisfaction.
- You may not be able to be all things to all people, but when it comes to dairy packaging, the industry is sure trying.
- It is trying to be all things to all people, while selling upmarket food.
- ‘You're asking a piece of wood to be all things to all people,’ he says.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.