- 1A vagrant who makes a living by searching beaches for articles of value and selling them.More example sentences
- The beachcombers were able to gather and hide a rich harvest before the local magistrate learned of the Spanish wrecks and claimed the treasure in the Queen's name.
- No vehicles on beaches means the area is protected from fishermen, beachcombers and hunter/gatherers alike.
- The only people you see are beachcombers and dog-walkers in their flapping macs
- 2A person who searches beaches for useful or interesting items.More example sentences
- Progress is seen in the water - usually by nameless surfers, sometimes by buddies, perhaps by a passing seal or beachcomber.
- Bears eat family pets in their own yards, and the quicksand mud flats on Anchorage's outskirts have claimed more than one beachcomber.
- Mrs. Wilhelm, an avid horsewoman and beachcomber, had the foyer decorated with an elaborate trompe l' oeil of the beach.