- A sea that is running at approximately right angles to a vessel’s heading.More example sentences
- Because of this, the 31 tends to roll from side to side in a beam sea, particularly at slow speeds or drifting.
- Crossing the Cook Channel was a breeze with beam seas at only around a foot to a foot and a half.
- With the beam sea still running, and with the boat therefore moving erratically, this was no small feat.
More definitions of beam seaDefinition of beam sea in:
- The British & World English dictionary