Definition of beanpole in English:
1A stick for supporting bean plants.
- Arika could see beanpoles thick with beans and peas, greens of all kinds, and squashes and many other forms of hard vegetables.
- On the other side of the flowerbed Tony is affixing a vine to a beanpole.
- If you are growing beans you are going to need a beanpole.
1.1 informal A tall, thin person.
- I always been a strong girl, though I also been thin as a beanpole.
- The skinny beanpole going up against someone three times his size is not looking for a solution to a problem, not looking to fix anything, but simply having a reason to live, and a reason to be strong.
- Tall, and not exactly beanpoles, but very bony.
Words that rhyme with beanpoleredpoll • maypole
Definition of beanpole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.