- A fixed rein that causes the horse to raise its head and arch its neck.More example sentences
- Most horses also wore bearing reins that held up their necks and head into an unnatural and painful arch.
- These will later become cues, especially the bearing rein, for the horse to take a particular lead.
- This image from 1909 shows a horse with and without a bearing rein and firmly states that it is a cruel device.
More definitions of bearing reinDefinition of bearing rein in:
- The British & World English dictionary