- Taking them from the boat and onto the glacial formations of art history required explaining how conceptual art differed from the beaux arts of classical painting or sculpture.
- In the beaux arts as well as in real life, law is the cornerstone upon which everything lies.
- That is where she will study the Beaux Arts and specialise in sculpture.
2 (usually Beaux Arts) [as modifier] Relating to the classical decorative style maintained by the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris, especially in the 19th century.
- Most axes - the axis of the earth, for example, or the crossed axes of a Beaux Arts building - are not only clear but stable and, we hope, permanent.
- Subsequently, a Beaux Arts tradition flourished in the early twentieth century as these architects returned to China to practise, teach and establish university curriculums.
- We have encountered this Beaux Arts quadraxial method before.
From French beaux-arts.
Definition of beaux arts in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.