- A loop of rope or similar device for securing loose items on a ship.More example sentences
- As worn as they are, the beckets were excellently done and probably would still pick up a loaded chest!
- Hereafter you can see, in photographs, the process of the making of the beckets which were once made by the late captain.
- The significant value of this chest is its decorative, unusually large, oversize beckets done in sailor macramé.
early 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of becketDefinition of becket in:
- The British & World English dictionary