- The SI unit of radioactivity, corresponding to one disintegration per second.More example sentences
- This box, designed to monitor gamma radiation, in itself contained enough strontium 90 to emit 500,000 becquerels of radioactivity.
- Radon abundance is measured in terms of its radioactivity in becquerels per cubic metre of radon in air, written Bq m 3. 222 Rn, commonly referred to simply as radon, is the most discussed isotope.
- The concentrations of tritium in leachate at the site sampled in March this year reached 14,230 becquerels per litre, compared to the 290 becquerels per litre reported in 1996.
late 19th century: named after A.-H. Becquerel (see Becquerel, Antoine-Henri).
More definitions of becquerelDefinition of becquerel in:
- The British & World English dictionary