Definition of bedfellow in English:
1A person who shares a bed with another.
- The way men perceive the educational status of their female bedfellows has changed.
- For them, strange or strained bedfellows are more fun than no bedfellows at all, since the excitement is all in the conquest.
- It appears they were bedfellows both figuratively and literally.
1.1A person or thing allied or closely connected with another: the treaty will make strange bedfellows of a number of enemies
More example sentences
- Plus, world politics makes for strange bedfellows.
- In this context, politics created strange bedfellows.
- History takes strange turns and politics makes strange bedfellows.
Words that rhyme with bedfellowpueblo • playfellow
Definition of bedfellow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan