Definition of bedizened in English:
Dressed up or decorated gaudily: a dress bedizened with resplendent military medals
More example sentences
- The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet and bedizened with gold and jewels and pearls.
- The sparkling, bedizened, colourful Khan army had started marching nonetheless, spears and scimitars held high, saluting the sun.
- The spiritual heart of a Vegas Christmas is the perfectly cone-shaped, 60-foot synthetic tree in front of Caesars Palace, bedizened with 216,510 lights.
- Example sentences
- Vast talents and deep pockets have combined to produce a dazzling extravaganza - a whirl of movement and colour, song and dance bedizened by every sequin, boa, and light-catching bauble in the southern hemisphere.
- The vast majority of Pakistans trucks, buses and motorized rickshaws are riots of color, bedizened top to bottom with eye-popping landscapes, portraits, calligraphic poetry, religious verses and wisecracking expressions of star-spangled banter.
- His coat has a wide embroidery of golden foliage; and his waistcoat, likewise, is all flowered over and bedizened with gold.
Definition of bedizened in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.