Definition of Bedouin in English:
noun (plural same)
A nomadic Arab of the desert.
- The Arabs of the early 7th century were Bedouins or desert nomads.
- In the middle of the strata are former Bedouins, Arabian Desert nomads, who settled in Kuwait with the advent of the oil industry.
- For those from the desert - Bedouins to Bushmen - 100-degree heat is hardly noteworthy.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to the Bedouin.
- ‘We've always reported criminals and dangerous characters who refuse to comply with Bedouin laws to the security forces,’ he said.
- Eventually, I do find an older building (albeit renovated) in the shape of the excellent Dubai Museum, with its evocative waxworks of souk and Bedouin life.
- Scenes from Bedouin life will be performed and accompanied by the rahbab, a typical violin-like instrument, which will be played by a famous Jordanian musician.
Definition of Bedouin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.