Definition of bedpost in English:
Any of the four upright supports of a bedstead.
- Jorge's room looked like a miniature log cabin; the walls, floor and ceiling were all made to look like wooden logs, as did the bedposts that supported the bed on the far right side.
- Inside they found him sitting at the small wooden desk in the corner, his hat hung on one of the four bedposts and jacket thrown on the foot of his bed; the perfect picture of a cowboy.
- He stood and tied one end of the long line of sheets to one of the four sturdy bedposts and flung the long line out the window.
- 1between you, me, and the bedpost
- see lamppost.
Words that rhyme with bedpostlamp post • gatepost
Definition of bedpost in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.