Any of the four upright supports of a bedstead.
- Jorge's room looked like a miniature log cabin; the walls, floor and ceiling were all made to look like wooden logs, as did the bedposts that supported the bed on the far right side.
- Inside they found him sitting at the small wooden desk in the corner, his hat hung on one of the four bedposts and jacket thrown on the foot of his bed; the perfect picture of a cowboy.
- He stood and tied one end of the long line of sheets to one of the four sturdy bedposts and flung the long line out the window.
between you, me, and the bedpost
- see lamppost.Example sentences
- We're tickled of course, but between you and me and the bedpost, we think our best is yet to come.
- Just between you and me and the wall, I think a major error was made in their film archetype-ology.
- So, as I said earlier, let's keep it between you and me and the gatepost.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bedpost in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.