Dirty and disheveled: we got there, tired and bedraggled
More example sentences
- The poor garden is looking bedraggled: dry and dishevelled.
- He had dragged himself from the bed in a tangle of blankets, his hair tousled and bedraggled like a farmer's hay stack that had been left out in the rain.
- Jamie grunted, combing down his long, bedraggled, messy hair with his hand.
- Example sentences
- It bedraggles the Calla lilies, leaving them tattered at the edges and browned like vintage fabric.
- At 6 p.m., the audition procedure, the most bedraggling and stressful portion of the festival for some began.
- Winter jasmine is doggedly flowering on the fence by the chicken house in spite of rain which bedraggles the fragile petals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.