The space beside a bed, typically that of someone who is ill: he was summoned to the bedside of a dying man [as modifier]: a bedside lamp
More example sentences
- Yet all of the participants in the study had family members at their bedsides in the holding area because family members had to be present to drive them home after the surgical procedure.
- If there had been a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit on the bedside table, it would have been the perfect way to wake up.
- The woman resident could not sleep, turned on the bedside lamp and started to read.
- A doctor’s approach or attitude toward a patient.Example sentences
- It was not just their approach in general because I observed their amicable bedside manner with other patients.
- In fact, the main aspects of quality we see and judge are waiting times, the reception area, hospital food and the doctor's bedside manner.
- The aim is to produce young doctors who know the theory, but also have the experience and bedside manner to deal with patients face to face.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bedside in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.