- The framework of a bed on which the mattress is placed.More example sentences
- While you should consider changing your mattress every 10 years or so, the right bedstead or frame should last a lifetime (or at least as long as the marriage).
- The beds had cast iron bedsteads and flowery covers with frilly edges.
- An armoire stood between the door and the bedstead, an old four-poster crouching against the left wall, with no mattress and the canopy in tatters.
More definitions of bedsteadDefinition of bedstead in:
- The British & World English dictionary