- A series of movements performed in the hive by worker honeybees to inform the colony of the direction and distance to a food source.More example sentences
- They do a bee dance to let the rest of the hive know they've discovered a source of nectar.
- Sometimes the bee dance may be defective, or the bees may not be able to find their way to the nectar due to high wind or other unfavorable conditions.
- Thus, although the dance of the honeybee contains locational information about food sources, it is not necessary to assume that bee dances convey this information to other bees.
More definitions of bee danceDefinition of bee dance in:
- The British & World English dictionary