- A dish of beef, typically coated in pâté de foie gras, wrapped in puff pastry, and baked.More example sentences
- We served these leeks with beef Wellington, but they would be a lovely complement to any roasted meat.
- Yes, my main course beef Wellington was really quite horrible - soggy pastry, overcooked meat - and the vegetables with them watery and inedible.
- Plates of beef Wellington with a Madeira and truffle sauce went past by the dozen to the fatboys at the other tables and looked marvellous: tight, pink meat, snugly ballotined in golden pastry.
More definitions of beef WellingtonDefinition of beef Wellington in:
- The British & World English dictionary