Definition of beefwood in English:
A tropical hardwood tree with close-grained red timber.
- Species in several families, in particular Casuarina equisetifolia (family Casuarinaceae), native to Australia and Southeast Asia
- White beefwood grows in the drier more exposed areas and is often found in regrowth.
- Australian Pine, also known as ironwood or beefwood, is an exotic, evergreen species native to southern Asia and Australia.
- The fine-leafed beefwood or forest wax tree, Grevillea coriacea (family Proteaceae), is a characteristic tree of the open woodland and grassland of central Cape York Peninsula.
Definition of beefwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan