Definition of beefwood in English:
A tropical hardwood tree with close-grained red timber.
- Species in several families, in particular Casuarina equisetifolia (family Casuarinaceae), native to Australia and Southeast Asia
- White beefwood grows in the drier more exposed areas and is often found in regrowth.
- Australian Pine, also known as ironwood or beefwood, is an exotic, evergreen species native to southern Asia and Australia.
- The fine-leafed beefwood or forest wax tree, Grevillea coriacea (family Proteaceae), is a characteristic tree of the open woodland and grassland of central Cape York Peninsula.
Definition of beefwood in:
- British & World English dictionary