The occupation of owning and breeding bees for their honey.
More example sentences
- It opens at 2.30 and promises to be a fascinating event for anyone interested in bee-keeping and honey production.
- The province had also attracted investors who were interested in bee-keeping and honey production for export.
- Mr Britton was a Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator and his bee-keeping hobby, and honey sales at his gate, earned him the local nickname ‘Mr B, the bee man’.
- More example sentences
- After the hive adventure, I now truly appreciate the effort, from bees and dedicated bee-keepers alike, that goes into the honey I slather on to toast or drizzle over porridge.
- Mr Gregory, like most bee-keepers, says he has become attached to his bees and greatly enjoys producing the honey.
- The province boasts 14,000 bee-keepers that on average produce 88 kilogrammes of honey each and a total of 1,000 tonnes of bees wax annually.
Definition of beekeeping in:
- The British & World English dictionary